Retrospective




Vest: One September (Anthropologie)// Shirt: LL Bean// Super Flare Jeans: Free People// Shoes: Vintage// Necklace: Handmade from Wheat Pennies// Earrings: Lucky Brand// Bracelet: Handpainted gift

Today John and I decided to hit up a local antique store downtown. I use the term "antique" lightly because when I think of antiques I think of 100 year old china, depression glass vases, and cameo necklaces. While What's on 2nd does have all of those things, it's more of a hoarder's playground with a variety of knick knacks ranging from life size wisemen yard decorations to old postcards and hand written letters. It's a great place to wander around in, but I suggest that if you really plan on purchasing something that you go in with a mission, otherwise you could get lost in the store for hours. Afterwards, we walked around downtown and although it was rather frigid and windy, it was a lovely day with a blue and cloudless sky overhead. It's days like today, when I go into a quirky one of a kind store or just simply walk around and observe the beautiful architecture downtown that I fall in love all over again with Birmingham. I don't know where the next stage of my life will take me,but for now there is no place like Birmingham.



0 comments:

Post a Comment