Birthday Candle Surprises

What an exciting week it has been thus far! It's not only my last week of internship at Children's, but it is also my birthday week. Since John and I both knew this week would be hectic, we decided to start it off by watching a movie (Despicable Me 2) on Sunday night. John bought a Enjoy the City: Birmingham coupon book from one of his friends in the beginning of the year and what an excellent purchase that was! One of our favorite coupons to use is one for The Edge theater (located in the Crestwood area of Birmingham). We already love that theater since it's so close to our house and because it always has a good variety of shows, but it makes it even better when you have a coupon for a BOGO ticket + free popcorn! You can purchase a coupon book for your city here.


Historically, I have not been one to make a big deal out of my birthday, but this year John worked so hard to make it one to remember. I had known for about a week that he had something up his sleeve since he kept dropping subtle hints about being careful about "putting things down in my planner". However, I had no clue what was in store. The birthday fun started on Monday when I found a sealed envelope next to my bed with a note beside it from John. I found that the envelope contained a gift certificate for a deluxe mani/pedi. I was instructed to go on Tuesday after my final presentation at Children's and what a treat it was! I was at the nail salon for two whole hours being pampered from head to toe (they even gave me a back massage- so relaxing)!


I would have been happy if the gift giving stopped there, but on Wednesday John decided to spoil me even more by giving me a new MK "fun clutch" -as he calls it. I had spotted one like it in the store a few times, but didn't think that I would actually get it! So, I was overwhelmed with joy and surprise when I opened the neatly wrapped package to find the bright red beauty of a wallet/clutch. After opening my gift, I was instructed to get ready because we would be leaving the house within the next hour for a destination unknown to me.


As we hopped in the car, a sense of nervous excitement overcame me. I grew more excited with every turn the car took and was pleasantly surprised when we stopped across the street from Pepper Place (home of Pepper Place Saturday Farmers Market). As we walked towards the restaurant area, I was thrilled  to find that our destination was Cantina- a fun and hip Mexican restaurant in the middle of Pepper Place. It turns out that John, with the help of some of my sneaky friends, had been planning a surprise birthday dinner for me for weeks! I was so happy to be surrounded by such wonderful and loving people who made the time to come celebrate with me!
Another surprise from John: a beautifully decorated double chocolate chip cake from Edgars Bakery!

Yes, this has been a brag post, but I couldn't have asked for a better birthday or better friends! Thank you to everyone who helped make it a birthday to remember. Of course, none of it would have been possible without my kind-hearted and sneaky husband. I am so thankful, loved, and blessed.






1 comments:

  1. He's a keeper :) So glad you had a great birthday.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete