A Night of Glitz and Glam

This year, we hosted both of our families for Christmas. So, for new years we decided to keep the new hosting tradition by inviting a few friends over for heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks. I used PunchBowl to make the invitations which even allowed me to have a potluck sign up.


Yesterday afternoon, before the event, John's parents surprised us by taking us out for lunch at Olexa's. Even though we live practically next door to it, I hadn't been in months. So, I was more than ready for a slice of their famed wedding cake (warmed up, of course).


As soon as got back home from our delicious lunch, I started cooking Southern Meatballs for the party. I always enjoy having them at events, but yesterday was my first attempt at making them. I must say that they were super easy to make and turned out great.

Southern Meatballs

1 1/2 cups chili sauce 
1 cup grape jelly
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
2 pckgs frozen meatballs (I used Publix brand)
A pinch of red pepper flakes 

Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Stir to coat meatballs. Cook on low for 7 hours.

In addition to the meatballs, I made a warm bean dip and pigs in a blanket. When guests arrived they brought all sorts of other wonderful goodies and drinks. So, we were well fed to say the least.




After filling up on bruschetta, cookies, and cranberry bellinis, we headed to Iron City for the NYE Dueling Pianos Show. The place was packed. So packed in fact, that it was standing room only! It was so incredible to watch such talent live. The guys knew close to 2000 songs (both the words and the piano notes). It was pretty crazy to watch how no one could stump them.


Spending the evening with great friends and John was the perfect way to end 2013 and ring in 2014. Cheers to another great year!! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment