Tales from the Road

Last week was quite the week for the Lyles. John and I hit the road again for his pediatric residency interviews. I won't disclose where we were until after match day when everything is said and done, but I will say that we are having a blast seeing different areas of the country. I am especially thankful that I am able to travel with him since I am officially finished with clinicals  and my masters degree. All that stands between me becoming an official occupational therapist is my national board exam! Woo hoo! Until match day, here are some pictures from the road (although I still won't say where they were taken :)...just yet ).







Since we spent all of last week on the road, this weekend was pretty laid back. I spent Saturday in Decatur with my fellow Birmingham Southern AOII advisors discussing next year's recruitment. I loved getting to share some of my home chapter's traditions while learning more about Tau Delta's. Today John and I spent the early part of the afternoon at Homestead Hollow, an arts and crafts festival in Springville, Alabama. John and I went a few years back to the fall festival, but today was our first time attending the holiday festival. In addition to having local art vendors, Homestead Hollow also boasts having a: blacksmith, pioneer demonstrations, wood carving, smokehouse cooking, gardening, quilting, ironwork, whiskey (moonshine)making at an original still, & tours of cabins built by early settlers. We had such a great time and the fall weather and sunshine made for a beautiful day.








I still can't believe all of the beautiful places that we have been able to see this week, both at home and abroad. While this season of our life holds a lot of unknowns, we are having so much fun along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment